Deal Barbie Pays long

Monday, March 15, 2010

Lesson #1

Okay, I learned a bit lesson this weekend dealing with Freebie sites. Freebie sites is kind of like GPT sites only it's...well different. I'm sure you've seen freebie sites before. They're the ones that say, "Get a free laptop." Then you are directed to fill out offers to get credits and after that you have to refer like 7 people to that site to do that same thing that you did and then you will get that laptop.

Sounds illegitimate and too good to be true. But this is really a good and true opportunity. To not go all out into the long drawn out discussion about this, I got involved in doing this. There are people that will actually pay you to be their referral and complete offers so they can get their freebie. I went green on a few sites and made about $50. Then I decided to go ahead and green on four more sites in one day. BIG PROBLEM. I would never recommend that anyone do this. I completed these offers and then was accused of fraud by the site owners. It is all one big mix-up because I have Cricket Wireless as my internet service provider and they do not assign a single IP address to each customer. Each time that I log into the internet I have a completely different IP address. I don't know why that is, but because of that I think that it is affecting my offers crediting on some GPT sites as well. I am not halting doing GPT offers and focusing on doing surveys on Inbox Dollars and other survey sites that come to my inbox. I am afraid that I will put a lot of time into these things and not get credit because of this stupid IP address issue. So in the end this weekend I lost $50. That sucks.

I am going to be changing to Cox Communications hopefully within the next few weeks and that will help resolve the whole IP problem because I will have a unique IP address. Please learn from my mistake and check with your internet service provider that you have a unique IP address prior to starting GPT, survey, or freebie sites.

No comments: